Barter Traders Ltd T/as Bartercard UK, Unit 20, Omega Business Village, Thurston Road, Northallerton, DL6 2NJ.
Company Number: 11194577
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal & business data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and where we collect your personal or business data.
We have a data protection officer (“DPO”). You may contact the DPO by writing to the above address, marking it for the attention of the DPO.
- Data controller: Barter Traders Limited
- How we collect or obtain information about you:
- when you provide it to us (e.g. by contacting us, opening an account on our website and by signing up to your e-newsletter).
- from your use of our website, using cookies and similar technologies, and
- occasionally, from third parties.
- Information we collect: name, phone numbers, date of birth, title, address and company details, IP address, information from cookies, information about your computer or device (e.g. device and browser type), information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time when you view them and what you clicked on, and the geographical location from which you accessed our website (based on your IP address), VAT number (if applicable).
- How we use your information: for administrative and business purposes (particularly to contact you, to improve our business and website, to fulfil our contractual obligations, to advertise our goods and services, to analyse your use of our website, and in connection with our legal rights and obligations.
- Disclosure of your information to third parties: only to the extent necessary to run our business, to our service providers, to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
- Do we sell your information to third parties (other than in the course of a business sale or purchase or similar event): No
- How long we retain your information: for no longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes), any other legal basis we have for using your information (e.g. your consent, performance of a contract with you or our legitimate interests as a business) and certain additional factors described in the main section below entitled How long we retain your information]. For specific retention periods in relation to certain information which we collect from you, please see the main section below entitled How long we retain your information.
- How we secure your information: using appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing your information on secure servers, encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, encrypting payments you make on or via our website using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, only granting access to your information where necessary.
- Transfers of your information outside the European Economic Area: we transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area, including to the following countries: Australia and the United States of America. Where we do so, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place, for example the third parties we use who transfer your information outside the European Economic Area have self-certified themselves as compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
- Use of automated decision making and profiling: we use automated decision making and profiling profiling in relation to our website e.g. use of web analytics, and use targeting cookies to display advertisements to your people who visit our website on other websites around the internet (e.g. using the Google AdSense network).
- Your rights in relation to your information
- to access your information and to receive information about its use
- to have your information corrected and/or completed
- to have your information deleted
- to restrict the use of your information
- to receive your information in a portable format
- to object to the use of your information
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
- not to have significant decisions made about you based solely on automated processing of your information, including profiling
- to complain to a supervisory authority
- Sensitive personal information: we do not knowingly or intentionally collect what is commonly referred to as ‘sensitive personal information’. Please do not submit sensitive personal information about you to us. For more information, please see the main section below entitled Sensitive Personal Information.
The data controller in respect of our website is Barter Traders Limited (company registration number: 11194577) of Unit 20 Omega Business Village, Thurston Road, Northallerton DL6 2NJ. You can contact the data controller by writing to Bartercard UK, Unit 20 Omega Business Village, Thurston Road, Northallerton DL6 2NJ or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data protection officer for the data controller is Nick Mathias. You can contact the data protection officer by writing to Unit 20 Omega Business Village, Thurston Road, Northallerton DL6 2NJ. You can contact the data controller by writing to Bartercard UK, Unit 20 Omega Business Village, Thurston Road, Northallerton DL6 2NJ or sending an email to email@example.com